Email Message take too long to load after Selecting

Update… it seemed to work for a while but is now back to taking forever for messages that aren’t text only. In Windows Live Mail I had no delay problems when viewing my messages.

This might not be what you are experiencing but I find that messages with linked content, that is online content that can’t be downloaded by the offline use setting, takes longer than would be expected compared to other email clients. 

Gary… I think you may be onto something… thanks. At this point, I regret having upgraded to Pro.

While I agree with Gary that there is a delay in downloading non-text emails, the delay is minimal, maybe 0.5 seconds.  It should not take long at all.  The fact that it is a transient issue, makes me wonder if it could be a server or bandwidth issue.

Yes, linked content is definitely affected by server and Internet connection, but my experience is that the same message loads much faster on Thunderbird using the same computer and connection. Maybe it’s not fair to compare, but Evolution also loads the same message without such delay.