Email does not sync when client is minimized

Win 11 with version 9.2.1735 installed.

My user is testing out the email client and noticed that when the client is minimized, it does not refresh the emails, until the client is maximized.

I do not see any option relating to background refresh.

My user is testing out the email client and noticed that when the client is minimized, it does not refresh the emails, until the client is maximized.

Normally shouldn’t make any difference.

Is this problem with the updating of the Inbox, or is it with updating sub mail folders / labels ?

Also what type of account is this ? eg: POP, IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud.

Maybe eM Client is closed and not minimized.

If he minimizes the eM Client and at some time later, restores it, then it refreshes. His department gets a lot of emails, so this can take a while to update.

It is connected through Exchange (Microsoft 365). My feeling is that it does not do any background refresh.

@cstrand718

It is connected through Exchange (Microsoft 365). My feeling is that it does not do any background refresh.

I cannot replicate that problem when eM Client is minimised to the taskbar with my own MS Exchange account & Windows 11. It receives automatically exactly the same as when its open. Also tested eM Client for Mac minimised to the dockbar and that also automatically receives fine.

Might be some possible resident background program running in their specific Windows 11 setup thats interfering with eM Client receiving when its minimised to the taskbar.

If they have any eg: Optional firewall / security program, Optional Antivirus program or VPN, try completely disabling those to test incase of any interference.

1 Like

My client install worked correctly, as well. It turns out, his issue had to do with errors.

If there are Errors, under Operations → Errors. Syncing stops. Clear the errors, works.

Is this the desired operation? One email error, stops the mailbox from syncing? His happened to be an email address delimited with single quotes.

Thank you for all the responses.

Is this the desired operation? One email error, stops the mailbox from syncing? His happened to be an email address delimited with single quotes

Ah ok so it’s wasn’t because of being minimized, and was because of any operations error.

Can you paste the actual error from the operations log in this thread. Blank out any personal info.