email does not start

Well, I’m having the same problem. I have already backed up and reinstalled the client. When I copy the backup mail_data.dat I log in again on the client and it shows the error. Not being able to repair or recover the backup. Error:

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database disk image is malformed

database disk image is malformed

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

em System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()

em MailClient.Storage.Data.DataStore.GetConnection(String relativeName)

em DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption()

em DbRepair.FormCheck.Check(Object state)

If the database is malformed, backup is just going to result in a malformed backup, which is useless.

Are you using IMAP? If so, all your emails will be on the server, so you can delete the local database. First make a backup of eM Client and then close it and delete the “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eM Client” folder. You may have to change folder options in Explorer to show hidden folders so that you can navigate to that directory.

Now open eM Client and add your account. After a sync with the server your should end up with an error free database.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled email does not start.

System.ApplicationException: database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed
Line: 9
DELETE FROM mail_index.MailItems WHERE NOT EXISTS(SELECT id FROM mail_data.LocalMailContents WHERE id=mail_index.MailItems.id LIMIT 1);
   em MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.ImportFromResource(IDbConnection connection, Stream myStream, CancellationToken token)    em MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.ImportFromManifestResource(String resourceName, CancellationToken token)
   em MailClient.Storage.Data.DbRepository1.Repair(RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token) &nbsp; &nbsp;em MailClient.Accounts.ItemRepositories.Repair(RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token) &nbsp; &nbsp;em DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.CheckConsistencyForAccount(String accountDirectory, RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token) &nbsp; &nbsp;em DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass2\_0.<check>b__0(String p)<br> em DbRepair.PerAccountExecutor.Execute(String dataStoreLocation, Func2 action)
em DbRepair.ConsistencyChecker.Check(RepairMode mode, CancellationToken token)
em DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
ResourceName: MailClient.Storage.Mail.Data.DbMailRepository.consistency.sql
DatastoreLocation: C:\Users\anderson\AppData\Roaming\eM Client</check>