Email deleted on eM Client and Trash emptied but does not delete on POP3 server

I am using eM Client (which I like very much) version 6.0.22344.0 on my Win 8.1 machine.

My email is on my Juno account, which only has POP3 protocol available.

The option delete messages when deleted from the deleted folder in my account settings (under Tools > Accounts > Your account > POP3) is set. Delete for time period is not set.

Messages are not deleted from the server when I remove the message from the deleted folder (i.e. when I empty the trash).

What have I missed?

Hello Pete, the POP3 protocol is not used for folder synchronisation at most cases, unfortunately since Gmail usually offers unlimited space, it doesn’t support this option on POP unless you use the “recent mode” on your gmail server, you can enable recent mode in your gmail settings.

However I strongly advise using IMAP over POP3 accounts, as IMAP allows you to synchronise all your items with the server and create a safe backup of your data on the server.

Regards,

Please see my original problem statement, above.

Unfortunately, we are not talking about a Gmail   account. I have been using Juno as my email provider since 1993.

Unfortunately, Juno , at least to my limited knowledge, does not offer IMAP access. They do offer POP3 access.

I am not sure how they do it, but other email programs (eg. Outlook) are able to delete from server upon permanent delete from client using the POP3 protocol.

Please also see https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/em_client_wont_delete_email_from_server_after_deleting_from_inbox . This is the same problem , I think. I am using the same settings.(Have a POP3 account, checked box to leave a copy on server, and also checked box to remove from server when deleted from “deleted” folder.)

Could the problem be related to Trash vs. Deleted folders?

Why have the box to remove from server when deleted from “deleted” folder on the POP3 tab if the protocol does not support it?

Anyway. appreciate the valiant attempt, but could use something more applicable;

Thanks.
Pete

Hello Pete, sorry about that, can you please make a screenshot of your POP3 server settings and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

Hello again, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable POP3 logging for the problematic account, save the settings and replicate the issue, once the issue reoccurs and messages are not removed from the server, please restart the application to quit the logging session and go back to the advanced settings window to submit the logging data.

Use the “Send logs” button and submit the logging data to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,

Tried “Send Log” twice; errors both times. Human readable error message would help.

I’m guessing, but I think one of the attachments is too large.Is there any way to delete historical data so only pertinent data will be sent? Or isn’t this an issue?

Hello Pete, not quite sure what error you’re referring to at this point. If the attachment is too large, you have to remove the message from the outbox and the trash folder, use shift+delete to remove the message without moving to trash. Submit the data to me compressed or use a common file sharing service such as dropbox or google drive to share the data with us.

Thank you,