Email Dates Change on Import

when importing a .pst the dates for all emails are being changed to import date vs retaining existing date. this is done on a pop3 account. ideas on how to resolve this?

Hi, can you tell me how have you achieved this behaviour? I was not able to reproduce it so I will need exact steps what you do before this issue occurs.

Jan

I have the same problem, but only for sent messages that are old. I have old messages that I imported into Outlook 2003 on 2004-11-01. All those old messages have the same Sent date: 2004-11-01. The Received date is the same. Outlook displays them with that Received date, but with the correct (older) Sent date. In the email headers the only date is the correct one (the older date). The problem is that eM Client creates whole new email headers for these messages. This is en example of a header as it appears in Outlook:

Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:58:40 +0200
Reply-To:
Organization: Punchball Ltd.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (Win95; I)
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: “Inge”
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1441
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Min_dr=F8m?=
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00AA_01C4C059.90B77120"
X-Mozilla-Status: 9001
Content-Length: 19304

This is the header of the same message in eM Client:

To: Inge
Subject: =?utf-8?q?Min=20dr=c3=b8m?=
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 01:23:41 +0000
Message-Id:
Reply-To: @*****.no
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------=_MBCA090285-DE4D-4B18-8CF3-5A1884C76618"

Why not use the date from the actual header in the messages?

Actually I’m noticing that all imported email messages get the header recreated. The new headers are much shorter, and the time is wrong. As a result, although most of my imported messages have the correct date, the time is several hours off. Again, why not just copy the header when you import?

Was there a solution to this problem? It doesn’t seem restricted to POP accounts. Mine is also only the sent items.

I went with Thunderbird in the end. It also has some issues, but at least I could import all my emails correctly.

Yes, this is a nasty and bad problem. It makes the system unusable for importing mail messages. Any idea if and when the dev team will deal with this?

I have the same problem. I imported yesterday, the dates are wrong, emails are in the wrong folders, no contacts came over, seems like the migration tool is not working correctly. It appears to be a usable program but I need the data from the other program to be usable for me. Help!!