Email bodies slow to open

For a few years now people have been complaining about EMC and slow to open emails, either when opening new or replying to, not one cure or update that works has been offered by EMC ? EMC is a good email client but the lag is so annoying.

martes 07 septiembre 2021 :: 0835hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Ross_Williamson

It doesn’t help to post more or less the same issue in more than one thread.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Who are you Skybat, do you work for EMC ? It doesn’t help when there is no cure or update to fix the problem years later, have a look at how many have the same problem, get real and help instead of being critical of me !!!

martes 07 septiembre 2021 :: 1024hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Ross_Williamson

No I do not work for eMC, have a special deal and no connection other than being a very satisfied user who has never had any sort of problem on my main or test computers.
I agree there are a number of users expressing concern, though there are rarely posts from the many thousands of, like me, satisfied users.
On my main computer I have 6 Accounts a mixture of IMAP & POP
On the test I have 9 Accounts a mixture of IMAP, Exchange & POP plus I even run Gmail on this.

As far as slow performance is concerned, an issue not exclusive to eMC, the probability is a combination of poor/slow internet connectivity with too much reliance on WiFi, a lack of computer capability, using HDD and not SSD, failure to clean out junk, failing to run driver & OS updates. All issues over which eMC has no control. This has been the experience running a computer support company that I started in 1993 in Valencia, incidentally we have never lost a client.
I am retired, rarely work, only if required to cover at a branch office when there is no one else, and distance is a factor, for sickness/holidays. (Spain, South France to Nice, Portugal, Morocco, Gibralter, London & Edinburgh in UK. A total of 21 offices).

If you want a prospectus ask, for that I would need your email address, we have not advertized for the last 12yrs and are able to choose our clients.

I am sorry if you think I was being critical of you, I simply said what I believe.

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

I would rather hear back from EMC than yourself, please leave it to them to consider the problem, do not reply as you do not know the full situation and suggestions about systems do not help.

Occasionally an eMC employee will stop by, until then this is the best you will get… volunteers who will continue to help, regardless of what you would “rather”.

Of course you can always open a support ticket ($$) and engage an eMC employee.

Yes been there done that, suggestion was not a cure.

@Ross_Williamson

I personally have no slow speed issues with reading 3 IMAP accounts in eM Client. All seems normal speed to me. I am currently using EMC V8.2.1509 for Windows.

if you have an eg: IMAP, Exchange, iCloud type account (Non Pop) configured in eM Client where by default you are “only reading email headers” when you first click on new email subjects, they initially can take time to read (with any email client) depending on “what is in the body of the email” and “how quick your internet connection speed is”. Especially emails with very large high-res pics in the body.

Other factors as @skybat already advised that can also cause slow reading of emails is eg: how much available ram you have and how quick your hard disk reads & what else is running at the time etc. Sometimes peeps can also have optional eg: Antivirus email scanning programs, interfering with reading of incoming and / or outgoing emails and that can also slow down the process.

Now once the emails are completely read & cached locally in eM Client, emails will then normally read the next time you click on them “within a sec or so”.

You can however speed up the initial reading speed by enabling in your Accts configuration the Sync Option to “Download Messages for offline use” as in the Gmail IMAP acct example config below.

Lastly check also that you have a recent version of eM Client via the ver history page. You might possibly have an outdated version.

Note:- If you do update to a later version, backup first via “Menu / Backup”.

miércoles 08 septiembre 2021 :: 0828hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Ross_Williamson

That being the caseI suggest that you raise a ticket direct with eMC

Skybat
[email protected]

Problem has been solved, we thought we had fast internet but we didn’t, electrician had goofed on installation from fibre box to modem, now we have a good download speed EMC mails open quickly !!!

1 Like