eM terminated with error

While trying to
a) transfer large numbers of emails from webmail server and
b) mark emails large numbers of emails held in Unread folder as read so that they would transfer to Inbox
eM crashed, reporting:

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at DbRepair.CorruptionChecker.CheckCorruption(RepairOptions repairOptions, CancellationToken token)
   at DbRepair.CheckingProcess.Check(CancellationToken token)
Data:
databaseFile: accounts.dat

What should I do? I’m inclined to restart the system and try again…

TIA, Terry

Thought I had seen this somewhere before:

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/lost-all-my-downloaded-emails-and-client-also-now-fails-t…

Same question, but no solution yet.

Thanks for pointing this out, Gary.

I did restart, but now eM has completed synchronising to it’s own satisfaction I find I have all my emails to May 2015 then a two year gap with no emails until earlier this week.

I guess that I will just have to try again with a new email account. But I’m not sure how to do that. Can I delete the existing account? If so, when I re-enter the email account as if it’s new, will it actually be seen as such?

If not then perhaps the answer will be to change to another email client…

TIA, Terry

I am assuming that the account is IMAP and that all the emails are still on the server. You can verify that by using the web interface for your email account.

Don’t know why you have a gap in your emails. Probably the sync did not complete. There are two ways to re-sync with your online account. Right-click on the account’s main folder and choose Properties > Repair, or delete the account and then add it again.

If you delete the account, and then add it again, it will be seen as a fresh copy of what is on the server.