eM stops receiving new mails (sending is possible) and cannot show/open older mails than a day

eM stops receiving my new GMail mails. I’m able to send, but no new receive.
If I try to see any old mail (older than a two days) eM still try to receive/show this mail ("running dots on the top of the window), but without result - window stays empty.
There is no error message. I was try to restart eM and computer without success too.
This problem persist since yesterday. I was on multiple wired/wireless networks - same result.
Settings of eM is still the same as on from the beggining - no changes. Passwords are still same as was. Web access to my GMail working fine and new mails are on my inbox on GMail account.
Thanks for a quick help.

the same problem. We have own icewarp server. Nothing in a logs

I was try to shutdown SSL/TLS and so on, but without success.
It seems, that IMAP not working properly or has another setting (port, name of server, …)

Any reply? Any help?

Please…

Othervise I will must go back to the Outlook - I’m one week out of my mails and it is unpossible all mails write directly on horrible interface of GMail or on the mobile phone.

Thanks a lot.

Nám pomohloto vypnutí SSL/TLS, zpočátku byl eM client při načítání mailů pomalejší, ale funguje OK

To mne napadlo také, ale kýžený výsledek se nedostavil… :frowning:

I can send from e-mclient but it won’t download my e-mails from my e-mail provider. I upgraded to version 6.0 and this didn’t help. I am able to download e-mails using “Windows Live Mail”, E-Mclient goes through the process of downloading the e-mails without indicating any errors but doesn’t download anything and the operation ends … no error. Sometimes it will give an error message indication settings are wrong but settings have been verified several times. Again, “Windows Live Mail” downloads the e-mails with no problem.

This problem just started this morning. If I can’t get this problem resolved, I will be forced to go to another e-mail client. That’s really bad because I really like EMclient!

I receive the mails in safe mode (Windows 7) !

Does anybody have ESET Smart security antivirus ?
I changed the configuration as default and I do not have any more the" runnings dots" and I receive all Imap mails.
I hope this is the solution.

After much troubleshooting, I discovered that an e-mail on my providers server was blocking EM-Client from completing the download of messages from the server. I moved older messages out of the “Inbox” until the operation completed successfully. Now I will put those older e-mails back into my inbox (on the server) until it stops working again. If I’m able to determine which e-mail is creating the problem, I will comment here again.

I was unable to determine which e-mail was responsible for causing this problem but another problem I was having may have been resolved by upgrading to version 6.0. I had been unable to read e-mail coming from one sender since August. Last night I was able to read the e-mail from that sender, I won’t know if the problem has been resolved for sure for a few days as those e-mails come in only on weekday evenings.

Well, well, well! I also have ESET Smart Security - wouldn’t be without it. So, I also turned off IMAP and as soon as I went back to eMClient all of my Gmails had downloaded. So, it does seem to be the solution - but I don’t know why. Thank you. I was about to give up on this and go back to Thunderbird.

I bought Eset one month ago, after 3 months of trial with no problem using eMClient. May be the trial version was not the same!
I also contacted the support to ask what to do about eMClient which is not in the list of mail client. They told me it’s not a problem, because Eset analyze IMAP and IMAPS.
Now I receive all mails with eMClient, but I did not turned off IMAP, I clicked on “configuration by default” to clear all my modifications.

Anyway, as, you say, it seems to be a (the) solution.:slight_smile:

Yes, FranceBg offered good solution to this issue, thank you for providing it as I was unable to respond sooner.

Jan

FranceBg - GOOOOOD…!!!
eM now working fine!
Just only set ESET to default and run new installation (eM has been uninstalled previously) and all mails has come immediately!
Super!
Thank you very much!

I’m happy :slight_smile:
Usually I find solutions to make problems more important :)))

your dedication to eM Client helped resolve quite a lot of issues :slight_smile:

The last issue has been solved by wi-fi/rooter configuration. Now all mails arrive with no loggin/connection errors and quick :)))))))))))))))))

If you still remember what you have changed could you please share it with other users and me? :slight_smile:

Jan