eM refuses to keep email POP3/SMTP info. Keep going back to unknown no matter-so I looked thru help Do you folks give solutions>?

I can not get eM to continue to work whats the deal-I even gave Frontier.com tech support but after reading bunch of comments -doesn’t look like ppl get solutions that stay? What the deal
I like everyone else is looking for a good email program. I like eM but it needs to work.

Hello, I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to, are you having issues while setting up an account or downloading your emails through POP3? What mail service are you using, frontier.com? What version of eM Client are you currently using, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Does the application throw some errors while fetching new data from the server? If so, can you make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum or copy the log content from the log tab when the error is thrown?

Regards,

Hello sorry for the delay-work schedule-sucks
eM refuses to keep the infor for POP3/SMTP it says= unknown
I have had ridiculous trouble  first I had to kill an emails account
previously down loaded emails because to get POP account
I have to start over- there is no place to enter POP3 after account established

I just opened eM and once again I get ERROR:
Can not make a connection- except setting are right for smtp and pop3
I had Frontier help last week finding ports- it worked 1 time after I hung up
 for support once again diagnostic says both are unknown.no connection.

I really like eMClient set up but it has to work otherwise whats the point
I opened outlook-2003 and used the very same setup and worked 1st time

If I understand this correctly your eM Client is changing the port setup on your account? Can you please make a screenshot of your account setup? Based on what you’ve replied, I believe you may have setup the account as IMAP through the Automatic setup… If you want to setup a POP3 account, can you please navigate to Tools > Accounts > New account > Mail > Other and proceed with the steps, to setup a POP3 account manually using your server settings.

Regards,