eM isn't opening on my system. Showing error while closing the program last time. Can't get it fixed. Please help.

eM isn’t opening on my system. Showing error while closing the program last time. Can’t get it fixed. Please help.

Have you tried rebooting your system?  Sometimes the eM Client is still active and a new instance will not start.  rebooting will clear this.  If you are comfortable with the task manager you can “end task” em Client, then there is no need to reboot.

i have the same problem over and over again. i have to restart my computer everytime.
is there a solution that can fix this problem
it is getting annoying

Thanks Jay, I had tried rebooting and even reinstalling the program, which did not work out. But thankfully the issue is resolved. I got in touch with eM Client’s tech support team and they have helped me with the necessary solution.

Hi Janna, you could email the tech support team. They’re pretty helpful and prompt. At least were in my case. I’m sure you’ll find a solution too.

Hi Anwesa-- in the event Janna does not have a pro license could you let us know what the solution was?