eM fails to connect w/ server; cannot enable diagnostics

I have been having a recurring, but until now, at least manageable problem w/ eM failing to connect w/ server, and as a result failing to download mail and sync folders with the parent MSN.com email account.  When I open Account Settings, I am not able to enable Diagnostics–it remains grayed out.  I tried doing a Repair on my Inbox, but it has remained blank for more than an hour now.  I have no problem accessing the parent account via Mozilla or IE.   A few weeks back, I uninstalled eM using Revo Uninstaller, re-installed it and all was fine for about a day.  Then the problem recurred.  It has gotten to where I cannot rely on eM while working at my desk.  I find myself checking my iPhone for the emails that I am expecting or using the web to access MSN.  This is certainly not a workable email client right now.

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you check for the exact version number in Help > About?
Are you seeing any errors? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error?

Thank you,
Paul.