eM Client won't start after bad shutdown

For no apparent reason eM Client after starting now shows the message:
“eM Client was not closed correctly the last time. To ensure your data is safe, several checks need to be performed.”
After files are scanned the screen reads Checking for corrupted database…
Done
Checking for inconsistent data…
Done

eM Client then starts, shows my e-mails in their folders and then closes within a few seconds. Restarting results in the same situation.

What do I do?

Can I reinstall eM Client without losing my e-mails?

I’m using the free version but I’ll upgrade to the Pro version if that’s the only way I can get the program to work.

HELP !!

Regards,
Elliott Thau

Hopefully you do regular backups from within eMC, daily. Not needed for this exercise but may need it if this exercise does not resolve the issue.

(1) Uninstall EMC (DO NOT DELETE DATABASE)
(2) Reinstall using version (I suggest current version) from HERE
(3) Start eMC

If the uninstall and reinstall of eM Client as @sunriseal advised above doesn’t work, then try restoring eM Client via “Menu / File / Restore” using eg: eM Client for Windows.

If you have setup auto backup via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” in eM Client or are doing manual backups via “Menu / Backup” in eM Client, then you will see dated “Backupx.zip” files available to restore. If you have Windows, these are normally saved in eg: “C:\Users\yourname\Documents\EM Client”.

Failing that if you have an eg: IMAP type mail account, then remove and re-add your email acct via “Menu / Accounts” using eM client for Windows.

If you have a POP account & you don’t have (leave a copy of messages on server) setup, then the only other option would be if you eg: do regular hard disk Images, to restore a recent image.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve already reinstalled to the latest version and all is well. No loss of any e-mails. Only problem is that I can no longer drag and drop files between folders. I must right click and “Move to Folder …”. I just created a new topic asking for help.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve already reinstalled to the latest version and all is well. No loss of any e-mails. Only problem is that I can no longer drag and drop files between folders. I must right click and “Move to Folder …”. I just created a new topic asking for help.