EM client won't send email. I've tried everything

Just downloaded EMclient free version three days ago. Incoming: IMAP outgoing SMTP. All settings are correct. Error message: authentication failed due to the following reason: Unexpected end of stream. It is a Verizon email account with AOL as the provider server.

I have tried running the SMTP diagnostics and fix protocols, disconnecting my anti virus, and rebooting my router. Nothing has changed.

I have spent a lot of time learning the software and then dealing with this email sending problem, and am very disappointed. Who would buy the paid version if the free version can’t execute basic functions?

Can anyone help?

Thank you

1 Like

So sorry you are having problems. If you are a new user I assume you’ve downloaded the latest version, v8.0.2951. v8 is proving VERY troublesome to many users here. Rather than waste time trying to find work-arounds for all the “things that used to be okay but no longer work with v8” I’ve reverted to v7 myself :disappointed_relieved:

I realise this is a bit of a brute force method, but I find the free version of v7 works perfectly out-of-the-box

If you don’t get some specific advice that solves your problem, I’d consider uninstalling and trying v7 since it is possible that v7 would work fine with your account. There’s a link to reinstall here and latest version of v7 here.