eM client wont load on my laptop

Clicking on the icon, I get a spinning wheel for a couple of seconds and then nothing.  Ive restarted the laptop multiple times, and nothing.  Ive looked in task manager as ive clicked, and it doesnt show up at all.

Help please and thanks in advance

In Windows 10 Task Manager, the task may be running but not visible in the Apps section. Scroll down to the Background processes to see if it is there.

Another thing you can try is to temporarily rename your database directory then start eM Client with an empty database to see if that is the problem.

Close eM Client and then rename C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that. You can rename it back again afterwards.

Pardon the ignorance, but I don’t get it??? I’ve gone into C:\users blah blah as described above, but what am I renaming and where?

And it pops up for a few seconds in the background processes and then disappears

Rename the folder eM Client , which you will find in C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming, to something else like eM Client old.

If this doesn’t solve the problem after restarting eM Client, then you can delete the new folder eM Client that will be created, and rename eM Client old back to eM Client. Then you will be back where you started and we will know that the database is not the problem.

Does that make sense?

Yeah that makes sense. Did what you suggested and nothing. However no new eM folder was created when trying? The folder is still named eM Client Old.
Just rename it back now?

That is a little strange. As soon as you opened eM Client after renaming the folder, it should have created a new one.

You could try to reinstall the application, maybe something there is not right. If you don’t have the latest file, you can get it from http://www.emclient.com/release-history