eM Client won't even open

Hello there,

I’m having a strange problem with the client not even opening an “error” tab, it’s just barely popping the loading circle on the pointer up, and then just does nothing.
I think a re-installing procedure is enough to fix the issue but before proceding i just need to be absolutely sure that without being able to open the client, and not being able to perform a backup of all my emails (wich i desperately need not to be lost AT ALL) doing the unistall procedure via the “control panel” will show the “save your data (i have no contacts, i olnly care about the complete list of emails from the day i downloaded this beautiful client)” tab.

Yesterday i restarted the PC and selected update and restart, installing the Microsoft " January 12, 2021—KB4598242 (OS Builds 19041.746 and 19042.746)" update AND the “remove specific prevalent malware with Windows Malicious Software Removal” tool, maybe this has something to do with this problem.

Hoping for a swift reply.
Thanks a lot.

You will not lose your data by uninstalling or reinstalling the application unless you answer YES when it askes if you want to delete the database directory.

One thing you can try is to uninstall the application, then remove the C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\ folder if it is still there.

Then download and install the latest version from the Release History. Once that is installed and eM Client starts, all your data will be there.

If you are concerned about you data, before the uninstall you can make a copy of the database. It is at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. Copy the whole folder, including all it’s contents. You may have to enable hidden items in Windows Explorer to get there.