eM Client will not start again

Occasionally and randomly, eM Client will not start after extended use of my PC. I will use eM Client off and on for a few hours then it will simply not start again. It has been doing this for a couple of years. The only resolution is to restart my PC.

Any ideas? Help?

Windows 10
New gaming PC with lots of power and RAM
eM Client version 7.2.40748.0

I have no reason to upgrade to version 8 unless version 8 resolves this issue. Then, if version 8 does resolve the issue, then I expect a discount or a free version as this should simply not happen.

Hello Steve,

Many Blue Jays fans face this same issue… J/K

Seriously. I faced this issue in an early release of version 8. I came to realize that eMC wasn’t starting because… it was already running in the background. In fact at least one background process was still active in Task Manager. It wasn’t all eMC fault as I wasn’t shutting eMC completely and properly: Menu >> Exit and wait a bit.

This issue has been discussed extensively in this forum. Maybe you should search for it and read in depth comments and tweaks by users.

And FYI, this is a users’ forum. If you are a pro user you could contact the company directly via their website.

Yes does sound like eM Client task / process is possible stuck in memory.

I personally never had that issue in V7.x, only that as @Son-of-A-Gun said with eM Client later V 8.1 builds I also had that issue (some of the time) where even when you closed eM Client, it was still showing in Task Manager processes etc. At that time i just manually closed EMC processes to fix it.

This was then fixed with the V8.1.973.0 release update on Dec 22 (2020) & subsequent newer builds.

I did the upgrade to eM Client V8.1 and definitely prefer it to V7. I think its well worth the u/g. Yes its a slightly different looking layout , but doesn’t take long to get the hang of it & has alot of new features.

If you do want to try it, first “make a backup” of your current V7.x via “Menu / File / Backup” in case you want to revert back, as you will need the same ver database to restore if you do reinstall V7.x. I would personally make two backups just in case.

(See also how to revert back to eM Client V7 below).

How can I downgrade back to eM Client 7? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

You can get all the latest versions of eM Client via the version history page.

https://www.emclient.com/release-history

Tuesday, December 22, 2020
eM Client 8.1 Service Update

• Some fixes for application shutdown