eM Client will not send outgoing mail? Message is (400) bad request. How do I fix this?

Upon send/recieve… messages are received, but  Sending email failed with error: the remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Not sure if this is an account error or a problem with eM.

Hi, this seems to be a server issue as the message is not being accepted by your mail server, what mail service are you using with eM Client? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

** update ** after what took place below (sending from live), the problem seems to have remedied itself and now all outbox mail has been sent.  Thank you so much for your time.

Hi there ~ thanks for your willingness to help.  I am using version eM 6 (according to license & update link states no update available).  I use eM for my 2 primary hotmail accounts (for 3 years, I think).  The other day it quit sending mail tho it still receives (same for both accounts).  This has never happened and I am not sure how to correct.  Yes, it seems like a server issue, but again, I am not sure how to fix it.

Went to Hotmail/Live Outlook online and sent a test email to my daughter.  The email caused the # of emails waiting in eM outbox to increase by one (to 6), yet showed up in my daughter’s inbox.  After a bit, I’m still showing 5 in the eM outbox (not 6).  Those are likely the those composed in eM and I don’t believe they were sent.  Thoughts?  ~dsc

Hi again, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help. This might have been a temporary server issue, hope it won’t reoccur.

Regards,
Paul

Yes, I will ~ thank you so much :)  I’ve enjoyed the program for years and have rarely had an issue; I am quite satisfied that it does all I need it to. ~dsc