eM Client version 2.8

Hi, what are the new feature(s) for the eM Client version 2.8 and the official release date please?
Thanks

Hi,
the 2.8 version will be released during January. We don’t have the official release date yet.

The main new features will be:

• advanced search all over the application
  • new sidebar panel layout with to-do list
  • predefined actions for opening attachments depending on file extensions
  • smarter autosuggestions (for writing contacts and recipients)
  • strong speed-up of the application
  • virtual folders
  • Google contacts synchronization
  • Skype integration for 64bit systems
  • full support of Sync2eM feature

Hope everybody will enjoy it!

Hi,
Thank you. eM employees mentioned in the forum that the new client would support Google Apps. Would the new client support it?
Thanks

Hi,
there’s no new information compared to the topic (you probably reffered) https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to… .
Google Calendar should be working at a basic level. An improved support for it will be available in one of the future versions.
Support for Google Contacts and Google Contacts Sync will be available with the next version.
There’s no API for implementing Google Tasks available. We are working at some workarounds of the situation. It will be probably available with one of the future versions also.

Regards

Hi,

I assume your reply 21 days ago is incorrect “it will be available with the release of 2.8 version in the middle of December”. Version 2.7 is unable to synchronise the “Google Apps” calender as well as contacts. We have tested the client on test machines, without any success. This is prevent us from purchasing the client because of lack of features and support.
Thanks

What amazes me is Mozilla Thunderbird can do all these things for free!

I totally agree with you. Are you a Thunderbird or eM user?

Thunderbird… I liked the “NO ARCHIVES” setup of EMClient but I guess I’ll stick with TB

Is there any beta of 2.8 available?

Hi Gabriel,
Any progress with the release of version 2.8?

Hi,
yes, in fact a lot of. We will release directly version 3.0 according to features we implemented meanwhile. It will be tested for about next 14 days and after that it will be finally released.

Regards

Well it’s now February 1st.

The list of changes in version 3.0 is available at https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to… .

Hi Gabriel,

What is the latest regarding the new version, do you have a release date?
Thanks

Estimated release date is set to February 18th…