eM Client v8 freezes/crashes when opening a new email draft

I’m consistently having an issue where when I go to reply to an email + a draft email opens in a new window, the program freezes + crashes. I had been having this issue with v8 before–never with v7–but all I had to do was wait ~5-7 seconds + the program would unfreeze. Annoying, but workable + I just hoped that a subsequent update would fix the issue. Now that the program is both freezing + crashing, em Client is effectively unusable. Can someone help me with this issue? Is there some kind of workaround? A fix on the way? Just in case it’s helpful, I run Windows 7 Pro, sp1, 64 bit.

What errors/ logs are recorded?
Menu/operations/errors & log

I just checked and am not seeing any errors + all the logs that show up seem to refer to operations that happened only after I restart the program. (Like I said, this essay is now causing the client to fully crash + need to be quit from the task manager + then restarted.)

I find it difficult to see how this is an eMC fault if there are no errors logged.
Try this.

1. Run eMC in safe mode.
  2. Run Chkdsk on your OS disk ( with error correction)
  3. Try running Malware bytes against all HD’s
  4. Finally, if none of this fixes the problem I suggest exporting important mail to disk and reinstalling eMC.
    Bon chance.

jueves 15 septiembre 2020 :: 1800hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi eereid…

Although I agree with the ‘rjubin’ suggestions, the following is what I would
do and would definitely run Malwarebytes FREE:

This link will automatically download the fully operational 14 day FREE TRIAL
it’s then up to you if upgrade or not…
I’ve run the full version for years.

If you decide to go this route, once you have scanned your system run the following:

If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 run
both these utilities in the order shown, one after the other from
an elvated command prompt (admin) you must be connected
to the internet.

(If you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, run only ‘sfc’)

Close ALL programs before you start!

Cut & Paste as the configuration/spacing is important

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

They are Microsoft utilities to find and correct system errors.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate the help. I’m not sure you’re right that this isn’t an eM Client issue though insofar as eM Client worked without issue until I upgraded to 8 + only then started having problems. In any case, I’ve just gone ahead + switched to Thunderbird. Depending on how that ends up working out I may take your suggestion to uninstall + reinstall eM Client.