eM Client Using Wrong Folders

Hello, I’m trying to consolidate my email accounts with eM client and I’ve come across something that’s really annoying. eM client ignores send/trash/archive folders that are already on a specific email server, I cannot see anyway to change the directory for items that are either sent, trashed or archived which means eM client creates it’s own folders so then I have duplicate folders. 

Is there a way to manually force eM client to use specific folders for certain actions?

Thank you.

If your account is configured as IMAP, then you should have a duplicate of what is on the server. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and see how it is configured. You should either have IMAP/SMTP tabs or POP3/SMTP tabs.

eM Client also has a set of system folders, called Local Folders, which you cannot delete. You can hide them by going to Menu > Tools > Settings > General and untick Show Local Folders.

Thank you very much Gary, I was able to change the folder settings under the “special folders” section. I no longer have duplicate sent/trash/junk folders etc… 

Great email client! :) 

One last thing… Any way to remove the “outbox” folder that’s created for temporarily storing sent emails?

Well done. That was going to be my next question. :slight_smile:

I don’t think so. You can hide it, but then you have that crazy “More” folder showing up.

As far as I know it is created by the server because it is needed to send messages. Though with my provider, even though there is one in the IMAP folder tree, it uses the Local Folders Outbox instead.

Ah no worries, thanks again Gary.