Em Client times out and then browser opens

How can I stop eM Client closing after timing out, it then opens up the web browser. I have to close the browser and re-open eM Client to get back to emails.
Why can’t it stay focussed in Em Client? Windows 10

How can I stop eM Client closing after timing out, it then opens up the web browser.

Are you referring to mail time outs when trying to receive mail ? like with eg: POP mail.

Also can you advise a bit more on when the browser opens, does it open some sort of eg: error page as to why it opened ?

Thanks for your reply. No it’s not a mail timeout, it’s when the Windows 10 screen turns off after the set time has elapsed (in Power & Sleep), and when I wake up the black screen, it’s in the browser (Chrome). So I have to come out of that, and get back into eM Client. It’s not an error, it’s just annoying and inconvenient, I want it to stay on eM Client… Maybe there’s a setting for it somewhere. I just checked with another program and it doesn’t do it on that one.

What page is displayed in the browser when it opens?

I have found the cause of the problem. My keyboard is an older one bought on special, it’s probably about 20 years old. Though still very functional, it has Sleep, Wake, Power Off keys in a row. I have been pressing the Wake key to resume after the Display shuts down, which causes it to open the Chrome browser window. I have now realized that when I close the browser window, it returns to eM Client.without further action. It’s a Windows function, nothing that eM Client is responsible for.
And, even better, when I hit any other key it resumes in eM Client, which is normal! So I’ll avoid the Wake key in future.
Thanks for your input, and I apologize for sending you on a wild goose chase.

1 Like