eM Client tells me my server settings are wrong, then proceeds to receive some emails

I’m currently in the midst of an issue with my ISP, but am looking for some answers here to send back to them. I’d like to find out what reasons there could be for a problem I’m having.

The scenario: whenever I open up my eM Client, I get an error message appear telling me it cannot connect to my email address. “This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings” is the reason eM Client gives for the error message. However, when I   _immediately _open up the Account Settings,  switch to the Diagnostics tab, and press Diagnose, both my SMTP and IMAP are okay. I receive the test email through to my Inbox, as expected.

I continue to receive emails throughout the day without problem, except for the fact that particular emails do not get through. Namely, emails from domains kickstarter.com, boiteajeux.net and hollywoodbowl.co.uk are ones I’ve noticed, and am 100% certain I should be receiving. These cannot be retrieved with any other email client either. My ISP has no idea why some emails come through, and others do not.

I know the underlying issue is not with eM Client, but my question is, for what reasons can eM Client tell me that my server settings are wrong on initial start-up, when the settings are in fact correct and diagnostics confirm this fact?

Thanks for your help.

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using to host your email accounts?

If an error occurs suggesting an issue, please switch to the log tab when the error occurs, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum for more information about this error.

Thank you,

Thanks for your help Paul, here is the information you require.

Version: 6.0.22344.0
Mail Service: Iox.Host Shared Linux cPanel Hosting

And here is the log:

11:59:26 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 11:59:26 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/ 11:59:26 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done 11:59:26 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: Done 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Drafts 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: Done 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Drafts 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Sent 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Sent 11:59:27 [email protected] [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: 11:59:27 (Connection terminated) 11:59:27 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response) 11:59:27 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.FetchNewMessages(ConnectionContext context, String selectPath, UInt32 idLow, UInt32 idHigh, String idList, Boolean useUid, UInt32 messageCountEstimate) 11:59:27 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status) 11:59:27 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status) 11:59:27 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server? If so, can you try to temporarily disable your security software and check if the issue persists? It seems like the connection is either being blocked or times out to quickly before the server can process the request.

Regards,

As I’m on a company computer, I cannot disable anti-virus. However, even using Iox.Host’s webmail functionality, these emails still do not come through, so I know it’s not a problem with my machine’s AV.

Don’t get me wrong, I realise this isn’t an eM Client issue. The software is working as expected. I’m just trying to figure out what reasons there could be for eM to throw this error message, so I can aid my ISP in figuring out what the problem is. So far I have one: anti-virus interference. However, I can confirm this isn’t the issue. Are there any other reasons eM could come up with this error?

Unfortunately if your problem persists while using webmail, I’m afraid I can’t be much help and the problem needs to be resolved with your ISP’s/Webmail host as the issue may be on the mail server.

Best regards,