eM Client stops receiving new mails

I am using eM Client Version 6.0.21289.0.  After starting the client it works fine for sometime (1 - 2 hours) then suddenly it stops receiving new mails, although send mails work properly.  I can see new mails while loging through browser in my mail server.  Pressing the “Send & receive” button also there is no effect.  There is no error message.

I am using  yahoo.com & gmail  as my mail server.    When I close & start the eM Client all mails are received properly again.  This problem occurs 2 to 3 times in a day.

Please help solve this issue.

Ravi Modi.

Hi, are you having this issue with both of your accounts? Are you using any firewall/proxy software on your computer?
In case you do, can you please try to temporarily disable any of those security elements and check if the issue persists?

Thank you.

Paul

Hi, Paul,

Yes I am having issues with both my accounts.  I am using NOD32 Antivirus firewall, but no proxy software.  I don’t think firewall is problem, because I am using this setup since last few years & also eM Client was working well previously, but this problem started coming since few days ago.

Any way next time when the mails stop coming, I will temporarily disable firewall & check if the issue persists or not.

I will keep you updated…

Ravi Modi

Hi Paul,

Today I have disabled the antivirus firewall after the mails stopped coming, but still the mails were not coming.  One  observation I made that I started the eM Client today morning at around 12:30 PM and all mails upto 18:03 PM were received & sent properly with firewall ON (after working for 5-6 hours)

One more observation I made today that  gmail mails are being received properly & not getting stopped, only yahoo.com mails are getting stopped.

If you want me to check any other thing, I can do now since I have not yet shutdown the client.

If I close & restart the client now it will function properly again.

Regards,

Ravi Modi

Hi again Ravi, I’m afraid this is a server issue, but please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the problematic account,

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs and the issue persists, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Today also this problem occured after about 4 hours of usage. I am sending the logs to the email ID.

This time I did one more testing. I am using eM Client also on my Laptop & office Desktop.  I kept open my Laptop Client & found that mails were being received properly on Laptop.  Only on Office Desktop the mails stopped receiving.  I have also configured email on my Blackberry phone, & there also the mails were received properly.

Regards,

Ravi Modi

Hi again Ravi,
unfortunately what you’re experiencing seems to be a server issue that we won’t be able to support.
We’ve checked the received log files and based on the communication between the application and your server it seems the server is having issues while synchronizing all your items i.e.:

12:42:39.781|012|   A154 UID FETCH 276710 (BODY.PEEK[HEADER] BODY.PEEK[1.MIME] BODY.PEEK[1.1.MIME] BODY.PEEK[1.1] BODY.PEEK[2.MIME] BODY.PEEK[2.1.MIME] BODY.PEEK[2.1] BODY.PEEK[2.2.MIME] BODY.PEEK[2.2]
12:42:41.015|01F|   A154 NO [UNAVAILABLE] UID FETCH Server error while fetching messages

My best suggestion at this point would contacting your mail service support in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

The Log files may be indicating that it is server issue, but other observations don’t agree with this.  For eg.

1. If I close the client & start again it works fine.  How can server issued be solved by closing & starting the client.

2. For last 2-3 days I am also synchronizing mails on my Laptop & there the client is working properly & receiving mails. When the Destop Client stops receiving mails, the mails in Laptop are received properly.  If it was server issue, then on laptop also the mails should stop. 

Also since millions of  users are using Yahoo mail, other users might also be facing this problem if it were server issue & yahoo must be aware of it ?

Luckily today I am using the client since last 7 hours, but the problem has not yet come.

Regards,

Ravi Modi.

Hi again Ravi, as users may be connecting to another server, it might not occur for all users, however yahoo is lately a problematic server and has been causing issues for our users just as well as for other users using other email clients.

Restarting the application will try to create a new IMAP connection, thus allowing you to synchronize the account before the server drops the connection again and denies access.

I’m unfortunately unable to support this issue as it is based on the server’s side.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul