eM Client stopped working

Hello everybody,

since last update to version 7.1.30617.0, eM Client totally stopped working.

Each time it tries to retrieve new mails, I got the following error:

“Server responded ‘SASL final challenge error’”

It seems to have to do with TSL/SSL settings: I tried all the options (TLS/SSL when available, forced, no secure connection,…) but each time I get that error. Credentials have not changed (on my smartphone it works fine).

I want to continue to use eM Client, but it’s one week I cannot get my mail. Don’t force me to change.

Thank you for your help.

Hello Steve,

please try first upgrading to the new official version .30646 at http://www.emclient.com/release-history. The version you are reporting is not listed in our official release history so it might cause troubles as you experienced.

With best regards,
Russel Markosky

Hi Russel,
thank you for your quick answer.

I got version 30617 “officially” when I once opened the program and the classic popup dialog showed up, I did not take it in a roundabout way, that’s why I was surprised when you said it was not an official release.

Anyway later I got version 30646, but I’m still having the same problems, the same messages, even changing TLS/SSL options…

Do you think it will be worth trying reinstalling from scratch?

Thanks and have a nice day.

STEVE

Hello Steve,

Don’t worry, I just didn’t see that version in the official release.
Please send me the operation logs after you try to sync to my email: [email protected] 
You can find the logs in Menu > Tools > Operations. You can copy the content to .txt file.

Thank you,
Russel 

Hi Russel,

I’m just leaving for holidays: please be patient for a couple of days before I can connect to my PC at office and do what you asked me.

Have a nice day.

STEVE