eM Client stopped working

eM Client has been running on my computer for 3 months with no problems. Now it stopped working. I try to open it and a box pops up that ways “eM Client stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution.” I have Windows 7. I followed directions from a post on here from 5 months ago, downloaded the installer and tried to repair eM Client. That did not work. I even restarted the computer. So, I uninstalled em Client and reinstalled the program. It still does not work. I get a message that says, “There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”

I am lost without my calendar. I backed up the files on a jump drive, but I NEED to get this up and running again QUICKLY.

Hello,
please try to install from the location www.emclient.com/dist/v3.5.11754/setu… . If it doesn’t help you can delete the contents of your temporary folder (e.g. go to Windows Explorer, put %temp% as a folder path at the top and delete all files) and then try the whole process again. Let us know at support@emclient.com if you will still receive the Windows error message (“eM Client stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution.”) and we will give you further instructions.

It still does not work. When I go to start eM Client, I get the same message.

Please, write to support@emclient.com with the short description of your problem or with reference to this topic webpage.

Are there any solutions to the problem mentioned above. EmClient seems promising so I want to test it. I am running Win7 Home Premium. I have tried to launch the EmClient both in normal way and as a administrator but it dosent work. Also installed the versioned linked above. Does EmClient use Java and is maybe a 64bit JVM needed. I am running the 32 bit JVM because I need that support for other tools. If someone wants to help it would be really nice!

Hi,
this topic is quite outdated. Please install the latest version of eM Client from here: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v5.0.186… and let me know if that works.