EM Client stopped working with Gmail account

Hi,

I’m using EM Client 6.0.23421.0 with two gmail accounts.

The first Gmail account is working fine, but a few days ago, the second has started popping up a box asking for the password. I typed it in, and then the pop up goes blank, I believe its supposed to be the “em client wants to use the following…” prompt, but it doesn’t display it. After a few minutes I click the X and it says “Authentication process is not finished. Do you really want to cancel the process”.

I checked my credentials by logging into gmail via a browser, so I know that they are correct. I have also installed thunderbird as a test, which works fine with the Gmail account.

I have tried adding the account again in EM Client, which fails at the same point.

Does anyone else know of this issue, and is there a fix for it?

Regards

James

Hi James,
could be just problem with IE, do you have the latest version installed?
Also, just to make sure, how is your gmail set up? Do you have 2-step verification enabled or not? Do you have access to less secure apps disabled?

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I have the latest updates installed including IE, I’m running Windows 10 home.

Gmail is set up as IMAP, with 2-step verification disabled (I also tried it enabled), and less secure apps enabled.

When I used Thunderbird, I got both screens up fine.

Regards

James

Hi James,
could you please try logging into this account again and then when you close it and it fails, go to Tools > operations > Log tab and copy the content of this window here?

Best regards,
Olivia