eM Client showing an empty folder after moving/editing labels in Gmail

Hi everyone!

I have a lot of folders (“labels”) in Gmail, and in the Gmail web interface I consolidated a few, deleted some, and moved some emails around.

In eM Client, it shows the correct, new, list of folders. However, the folders that were moved have nothing in them - if I click on the folder, it is empty and it says “There are no messages to show in this view” at the top.

The emails ARE in eM Client - they are in the All Mail folder, and if I search for one, it comes up and it also shows the correct folder path in the top corner of the email (so, Folder 1/Folder 2/Folder 3).

I have refreshed eM Client, restarted it, restarted the computer, but I can’t find any other sync option, or perhaps cache clearing, to fix this issue. I don’t want to have to remove my Gmail account and re-add it every time to change some labels around in Gmail.

Any ideas? It renders my filing system useless because I either have to search for the email I want, or find it in All Mail, or just log into Gmail where it is showing in the correct folder/label.

In eM Client, right-click on the All Mail folder and choose Properties > Repair.

Excellent, thank you, that solved the problem!