eM Client sending images on e-mail I did not attach. Not showing in sent, but receivers are complaining.

I reply to an e-mail chain and attach a document.  In eM client in the sent folder it shows only that one document sent.  People were complaining I am sending a bunch of other images like FaceBook buttons and other odd stuff.  When I check my sent folder in gmail it shows all those images I didn’t attach.  It looks like when I attach something, somewhere in the background it is attaching all the images associated to that e-mail chain, but eM client doesn’t recognize it is doing it.  How do I turn that off?

Hi Steven,
this sounds like a very strange issue, could you please resend such email to me at [email protected]?
Please also attach an EML file of the email as you see it in eM Client’s send folder and a link to this forum topic.

Regards,
Olivia

Sorry.  This response went to junk mail and I just now saw it.  I will forward you the email, screenshots, and whatever else I can to help.

Hi Steven,
sorry for the late reply, but since you did not attach the link to this forum topic in your mail, I had trouble locating the issue back to its origin.
Seems like the ‘extra’ attachments are pictures from the previous mails and signatures - this happens when someone is viewing messages as Plain text rather than HTML. That is a designed behavior though.
I’d suggest not resending the whole chain with other HTML elements or inline pictures if most of your contacts view their messages in Plain text.

Regards,
Olivia