eM Client seems unable to connect to server

As of today eM Client on two different PCs seems unable to connect to receive email. it appears to send OK and I can see the emails on my providers webmail and on my phone, just not on eM Client. It works fine with my Gmail account but not with a different account (which I’ve been using for a long time without problems). Any ideas?

Hello Neil, not quite sure what you’re referring to, are you seeing any errors while trying to synchronise your account with the server? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

What mail service are you using with the account that you’re experiencing the issue with?

Thank you,

Hi. What was happening was that while trying to synchronise folders it would just keep on trying without actually receiving any emails. Turns out the problem was that the “Security Policy” setting had changed to “Use SSL/TLS if available”. On the advice of my mail service provider I changed this back to “Don’t use secure connection” and it works fine again. The strange thing is that this setting changed on two different PCs all on its own, I definitely hadn’t changed any settings. It should have been, and was, set to “Don’t use secure connection” and somehow changed. Anyway, back to normal now, thanks.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know when you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,