Em Client seems to work, but a lot of Operations errors

Em Client is configured, passes account tests successfully, seems to send and receive mail correctly, but generates a lot of error messages like [IMAP] Unable to upload message “…” to folder “sent”. The log shows nothing abnormal

Hello Georges,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the description, but could we still ask you to post a screenshot of the errors and copy the Log content here? We’d also ask what version do you use (Menu->Help->About).

Thank you,
Maurice

I thought I had sent a reply, and I do not see it on this problem update. I still have tons of errors. If you got nothing, I will try again.
Oh well I might as well do it again.

Version is 7.0.27943.0
smtp.videotron.ca port 465 use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
imap.videotron.ca port 993
Windows 10 Home

Hello George,

This error says “Contact admin, system error. Administrator, check server log for details.” Could you please contact your provider/check your server settings to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Maurice

I contacted my provider and indeed it looked like they had an error in the server settings. Thanks for your help.

can you tell me what you used to fix the error im getting similar error and videotron keep telling me it my prb

@maitredescles

If you don’t find out on this thread from the prev post user @Georges_Mony above, then suggest to contact Videotron on below contact page.

Those above IMAP & SMTP settings do look correct according to the Videotron Server settings page so might be some other Mail server problem at their end that also needs fixing in your mailbox.

(Videotron IMAP & POP settings)
https://videotron.com/en/support/internet/email/pop-imap#server-address-informations

(Videotron Contact Us)
https://videotron.com/en/contact-us

i did and they are completely oblivious to the prb

@maitredescles

i did and they are completely oblivious to the prb.

Not good that videotron have bad user support. I personally would maybe then looking at moving to another mailbox providor who does help.

The only other thing I can suggest is to eg: Try removing and re-adding your IMAP account (if you have that type), and also updating to a later eM Client version if you haven’t already.

To remove and re-add an IMAP account, go to “Menu / Accounts” and remove your old account. Then first try adding via the “automatic email wizard” at the top, or manually adding your account via the “add account / mail / other” option, depending on what your server supports.

Now if removing and re-adding the account makes no difference, then see if there is a later version of eM Client from the release history page and try updating. All the latest updates for eM Client V7, 8 or 9 are listed there.

Note: Before removing and re-adding your account or upgrading to a later eM Client version, backup eM Client first via “Menu / Backup” (PC) or “File / Backup” (Mac). You can then easily restore if needed.