eM client receives but doesn't send: msgs stay in Outbox

I installed eM Client v4.0.150.10.0 (free version) a few weeks ago and now am almost at the end of my free trial.

I have now accumulated 5 emails in the Outbox folder which I thought I had already sent. In fact, the Outbox folder lists them under “Sent:today”, “Sent: yesterday” and “Sent:older”, implying that these emails have been sent. If that’s so, why haven’t they been moved to the Sent folder instead of remaining in Outbox? Worse, I don’t think they’ve actually gone out at all, as none of the recipients have reported receiving them.

This program doesn’t display a message saying that email was successfully sent, nor does it show one saying the mail couldn’t be sent.

I am receiving emails OK. I carefully checked the SMTP address and port number (25) and could find nothing wrong with the account settings. I tried disabling the firewall (ZoneAlarm) but this software which is very easy to use tells me that eM is being given full access to the Internet in either direction.

What’s causing this nonsense? Has it been reported before? I’m just about ready to give this program away, which is a pity as it seems to work well in most other ways.

Hello,
in the first place send me one of the stuck email saved as .eml and then please send us your logs. Go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check “SMTP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

[email protected]

I have same problem: cannot stop sending of message, which include writed from me simple inoffensive software (in .rar archive).

I cannot stop this sending!!!

Can I stop sending?

I have already replied in another topic.
https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

I switched to a different excellent freeware software - Mozilla Thunderbird, and now I HAVE NOT any problems, such as discussed here. There is no problems like “cannot send message”. And attention - there is no pay, it is a freeware.

Thank you for letting us know.

If you are using DEMO(free version), and it is expired, then you may have problems.