eM Client process doesn't exit on Windows 7

Version 4.0.13961.0, Windows 7 - 64bit. When I close eM Client, the MailClient.exe process is left running. When I try to restart eM Client it fails, saying it can’t communicate with the other process. I need to use the Task Manager to kill the process before I can restart it. I did not have this problem with version 3.5.

Hello,
please check your settings - It is possible, that eM Client remains in the Tray.

Checked my settings and I do not have the “close to tray” option checked. Even if I did - the behavior I described (not being able to run the client) would still be a problem! So - it may be staying in the tray, but invisible to me, but unfortunately that still means I have to kill the process with the task manager.

Further info: it doesn’t happen all the time, so I’m trying to narrow down the cases (no luck so far). It may be the process takes some time to exit after I close the app and if the computer sleeps before the app exits then I have the problem.

Hello,
could you please download a utility from the following link: http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… and run it after exiting eM Client. It will generate a log file (starting with “eM Client Stack” in your Documents folder) that will help us analyze the problem in more detail. Please send it directly to me: [email protected]

Thank you.

I am seeing this problem everywhere and these guys are incapable of fixing it. I’m uninstalling this garbage. I might have purchased the upgrade if it actually worked, but this is just pathetic.

As I asked you in another thread - send us the emstack dump - it will tell us more.