eM Client often crashes when trying to open an event in calendar

Thanks, I saw your other thread few minutes ago.

I now try to right hand side click /open until a solution is found.

In my case it crashes even with that method, unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi,

We tried to reproduce the problem but to no avail. Could you either post here the full error report or send it directly to me at [email protected], please? Simply click the button “Show error” and attach the log to your reply.
Thank you.
GW

Thank you @George_Wilson. I’ll send the error log to your email in few minutes.

Edit.: Done.

To all: We’ve fixed this issue so you can download and install the updated version of eM Client from here: https://www.emclient.com/dist/v8.1.1087/setup.msi

Please let me know if it helped.

Edit: Updated link

4 Likes

So far so good with the V8.1.1084. No crashes yet dbl-clicking any Gmail Calendar events :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far so good with the v.8.1.1084 as well. I’ve been double-clicking (and right-clicking-Open) like crazy to open events in all calendar. Just one single crash in over 50 attempts. Not perfect but not bad at all.

Kudos to @George_Wilson and to the eMC Support team (nice communication via email btw). Excellent client experience as far as I am concerned. :+1:

2 Likes

Support sent me the link for V1.8.1084 and it appears that the problem is fixed.

George
I was instructed to download V8.1.1084. Is there anything new in V8.1.1087?

Thank you

Yes, I think we have a winner!

This is a perfect example of killing two birds with one stone! :wink:

I’m happy to announce that somehow Trash is now emptying on exit for me on all my IMAP accounts with new release v8.1.1084.

Issue raised by @James_Ballinger in this thread: Trash is not emptying on exit - Mail - eM Client.

Nothing special, just a couple of tweaks. We replaced the version in our release history.

Thank you George.
I will wait until V8.2 is released.
I think it is due in few weeks?

You posted about the issue. Issue is now solved. Then what’s the logic of waiting for a later release, if any?

Yes, sometimes updating is not a good idea.

If an application is working for you, and there are no essential security or feature upgrades that would be of benefit, then there really is no point in moving to something that may have new problems.

So Hassan can stick with 8.1.1084 until the next major release. There is no need to update to 8.1.1087.

2 Likes

Well said. I didn’t see things from that angle. You are right.
And that’s exactly why I decided to stick with v.8.1.1084 as well.

1 Like

That is my policy with Windows. Everything is working as it should be so I still haven’t upgraded to 20H2 because I don’t see any benefits. :sweat_smile:

My policiy as well: When it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it! :grinning:

I noticed since upgrading to V 1.8.1084 which (fixed the random calendar crashing issue), If I open the Theme editor and load in a Theme to edit, when i start clicking on the “Theme Menus” to edit on the left starting from the top left down, the Theme Editor “closed automatically”.

Then saw the new updated V 1.8.1087 link above and that has now fixed the Theme editor crashing issue :slight_smile:

1 Like