em Client never stops synchronising on one account

I have used eMClient for years on two imap email accounts. In the last 2 weeks it continuously tries to synchronise with one account and never downloads anything but works fine on the other. I have checked that the settings for the failed account have not changed. When you use the diagnose button in account settings both IMAP and SMTP are ok. I have deleted the account and reinstalled it > no change, I have deleted the whole program ( keeping the data) and reinstalled> no change, I have used the repair facility on the account inbox> no change. I installed Thunderbird ( on the same account settings) which immediately worked fine on this account, so it is not a remote server issue. The computer is windows 10 64bit  recently updated to 1809. Could this be a 1809 problem?? Run out of ideas, nothing else has changed. Antivirus is Kaspersky.

Hello Alistair,

Please try disabling the Kaspersky AV and refresh the account. It is possible that during the update it started blocking the connection to your mail server.

Russel

Thanks Russel, I should have thought of that. Yes. on disabling AV eMC started behaving normally. Now just got to find out why Kaspersky has started blocking it. It Is listed as a trusted application.
Thanks again  Al

Hello Alistair,

I’m glad that we found the cause. I’d recommend creating an exception for eM Client in your AV.

Russel