eM Client MUST add spam filtering

I know that Spamihilator has been suggested a few times and while it looks like it should be perfect, I could not get it to work properly with eM Client. I went for a server-side spam filter and settled with MX Guarddog. I rarely have any SPAM get through. If any does, I usually get two or three at a time and that’s it. This might happen once a month, if that. The good thing with MX Guarddog is that they will send me an email as often as I want with a list of the emails that they quarantined. If I want an email released, I just click on it in the email and the email is released from quarantine.

• Merg

An email client doesn’t need to worry or should be dealing with spam filtering. There’s plenty of other dedicated companies with products that handle this. For them to even get into this would seriously distract them from their core product.

i’ve used The Bat by RIT Labs for years with a built in option for spam filtering and used a product that was great and caught 99% of the spam, rarely marked valid mail as spam and was like only a $25 add-on.

So, it can be done, and done well.  TB didn’t actually build the spam option, and there were 2-3 other spam vendors who designed a product that integrated seamlessly into their product, so it’s possible and functional.  

I switched to EM because i needed Exchange mail that they’re still fooling with.  I’ve gotten used to em client’s weaknesses and have adapted, and my IT guy is putting in a server side filter as we get an enormous amount of spam, although it’s been vastly reduced with over 1 million ip addresses blocked that were all spam.  

At one point, our spam was coming in at the rate of 1000 an hour.  Watching the log files were scary… it was so fast you couldn’t see more than a blur of data…  We even were kicked off a spam service because we exceeded their capacity…  Not sure why we were being attacked but it was quite intense.  

Yes, but it will also eliminate most of your legitimate newsletters which you wish to receive, as well as advertisements from companies whose ads you wish to see. In my case, for instance, it would eliminate the daily headline e-mails from the Washington Post and New York Times and the weekly flyer from Staples.