eM Client Local Folder Archiving

Is there an application or way to create an archive similar to the way MailStore does for Thunderbird and Outlook? If not, maybe you should consider creating one, as without a way to preserve all email, not just those in the Inbox, in their folders and sub-folders it’s very difficult to get excited about the long term use on eM Client even though I like it very much. 

Hi Don, not completely sure what you’re referring to, you can create an archive folder to which eM client can archive your messages by setting up the archiving options in Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic archiving.

You can however only select to archive your messages once in X days and select to either archive your inbox, inbox with subfolders or all your folders.

However please note that this type of archiving is quite out of date as the more modern mail servers allow you to archive your messages on the server directly, e.g. Gmail, which will allow you to keep your archived messages backed up for future use. Backing up or archiving your messages locally has been a feature for mail servers that have a limited mailbox size and do not allow you to store your messages on the remote server.

Regards,
Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I realize that this is old school, but I’m 77 so I’m definitely old school.

One last question. Where is the archive kept, in what directory path.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don, archived messages are saved within the eM Client’s database data, so you can not access the archived messages directly, only by using the application. To access the messages directly, each as a separate file, you’d have to export the messages out of eM Client into a selected folder by using the Export feature.

Also I hope, my previous reply didn’t offend you, I was just trying to suggest some more useful features that you might be able to use on your mail server.

Regards,
Paul