eM Client is slow and laggy, why?

I am using the most recent version of eM Client. IMAP with gmail. 50 labels. Why does it take 3-5 seconds to open a message? send message? search? gmail is snappy.

Hi, eM Client only downloads the headers of emails and downloads the body when you click on the email, that’s why it might take few moments. If you want to speed things up a little you can enable “Download messages for offline use” so even the bodies of emails are downloaded after synchronization.
What version of eM client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks for the reply. I do really want to like eM Client and would certainly even pay for it, but the delay is painful.

I have already turned on “download messages for offline use.”

The “Operation” cursor seems to be always on/working which may cause some of the lag?

I continually get the “this operation may take a while.” Not sure why?

I have a 50mb down/5mb up connection to a wired computer.

The version I am currently using is 6.0.20498.0.

Hi again Steve, did enabling “download messages for offline use” help at all? It takes sometime until the messages are downloaded, once they are it should be working fast.

Thank you,
Paul.

I have had it turned on since setting up the account. Yes, it took a very long time to sync with Gmail (days).

Even switching between messages in the inbox takes 3-5 seconds. Not snappy nor fast.

Please help? What else can be done?

Hi again Steve, please download this tool and maybe put the icon on your taskbar, and when the “this operation may take a while” window appears try to run the tool.
http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe

If you successfully create the dump while the window is visible, send me the dump file to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

I am also sending another source dump.

Thanks,

Steve