em Client is now so user-unfriendly that I spent hours searching for alternatives, including commercial programs

em Client is now so user-unfriendly that I spent hours searching for alternatives, including commercial programs

Hi Predrag, I’m sorry you find the application not user-friendly, can you please maybe be a little more specific on what were you having issues with or what were you trying to setup?
Maybe we can help…

Thank you,
Paul.

Setup is not the problem. It works perfectly. But simply buttons are ugly. Menus are ugly too. Neither of them are context sensitive.  Why don’t you simply copy buttons and menus from Outlook Live without inventing the wheel? You can do do it in one day, I am a programmer and I know that. Also, there are no menus in title bar like in Thunderbird. Thats all I want.
Do that first (BUT NOT WITH SOME ESOTERIC BUTTONS!!!) Then you can play with threads and simmilar things. Message menu in Thunderbird:

In-Message menu from thunderbird:

Title bar menu from Thunderbird:

Microsoft Live Mail:

Download Microsoft Live and have some study. It’s not complicated.

AND DO IT FAS SINCE PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE BAD LOOKING ALTERNATIVES!

With best regards.

And this: products are selling because they look goog, not only because they work well, em Client works perfectly but it is ugly.

Hi again, thank you for your constructive criticism, I understand that you’d prefer better UI over functionality. I’m sorry you don’t like the appearance of the application, but our focus was primarily on providing the best email client as to the features and usability. We’re currently working on an upcoming version of eM client that brings a new UI to our users. You can check out the preview of the upcoming release on our facebook page.

Thank you for your input on this,
Paul.

You got me wrong. If something looks great and works bad - you have sh*t. I prefer functionality. But that does not mean that few days of programming could fix this. And please, FIRST make em Client look goog and then work on other functions. Or people will switch to alternatives very fast. I don’t want to wait for new version very long.

Hi, I believe most of our users would disagree with you, but as I previously mentioned, new UI is on it’s way :wink:

Thank you for your thoughts,
Paul.