eM client Ignoring embedded color profiles when displaying attached images

Hi, I’m working in photo post production where the correct display of colors in images is very important. When I send mails with attached images the files are correctly sent and the recipient receives the file with a working color profile.

When I open the email in my Sent-Folder the attached image is displayed without using the embedded ICC profile.

Same behaviour when I receive images with color profiles. Opened in other applications the images are displayed correctly while the preview in eM client looks like the profile had been ignored. 

Is there a way to preview attached images using their embedded ICC profiles?
Thanks in advance! 

Hi Ron, sorry to see this and thank you for reporting this issue to us, can you please make a screenshot of the issue for us to see the difference between the displayed image in eM client and another application showing edited color profiles accordingly?

What version of eM client are you currently using on your computer? Can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

thanks a lot for your fast reply! Screenshot attached. I’m using eM Version 6.0.21372.0 and Windows 8.1 Pro

Hi Ron, do you think you could try to perform this color profile test on your computer as I was unfortunately unable to replicate the issue using my instance of eM Client?
http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/graphics/colorprofiles/default.html

Open the website in Internet Explorer and let me know if the main picture, cropped into 4 pieces is displayed as one color profile picture. Then please try to save and send all 4 pictures to your email and check if the pictures are displayed correctly and accordingly to IE.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for your help! All four images on the microsoft site look like one picture in IE11. When I save them and send them by mail they are displayed in eM Client exactly like in IE.

Etherway, opened in Photoshop using the embedded profiles there is a big difference. And Photoshop is set up correctly. Chrome and Thunderbird display the images like in Photoshop. Any idea?

Hi Ron,

It looks like you have to ‘instruct’ Internet Explorer to use color profiles … however I don’t know how to do that … :frowning:

Hi again Ron, thank you for performing the color profile test.

I’m afraid this points out to correct color profile settings in eM Client, as it seems Internet Explorer is able to support ICC version 4 and version 2 color profiles. The difference between how your Internet Explorer displays the color profiles and how photoshop displays them may be caused by your color management settings in windows.

Try to open the color management application and check if the system settings are identical to your photoshop settings.

However I’m afraid this is not an application issue.

Thank you,
Paul