eM Client has stopped working

hi there,
when I run eM Client it will open for 30 seconds to a minute and then an error message appears saying ‘eM Client has stopped working’

I turned the error logs back on to try to get some more information about what is happening but because following the error eM Client closes I am unable to see it.
When I went to send the logs to support it closes before I am able to hit send.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you able to run the application in offline mode if it crashes after a certain period regularly? Or do you access a specific folder perhaps before the application crashes?

Is the application still visible in the Task Manager when the above warning is displayed? If so, can you please try to run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe and submit the stack dump file to my work mail, [email protected], with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,

Hi Paul, I am having the exact same problem as Mark with eM Client closing as soon as it’s run through the restore checklist after a crash. The first time this happened 6 months ago I was unable to make use for eMclient for a month until someone posted a update link patch. And now this happens again and it’s 3 weeks. Trough the about section it always says the software is up to date and no updates required.

I noticed that this crash usually happens to me, while I update the Calendar. It throws the whole email client off after that with no way of restoring it back to when it was working fine. I too will be sending the stackdump and release number in an email for your investigation.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello, the stack dump received from you is not showing any issues with the stopped working window, have you ran the stack dump utility while the window was showing? Please update your eM Client to this release, and check if the issue persists, 6.0.22930.0 .

Also if you’re using any security software on your computer, please try to disable it temporarily and check if the problem continues.

Regards,

hi I also found this issue very problematic. we were unable to resolve the issue so I simply downloaded a previous version of Em Client and it has been working fine since. I am now using version 6.0.22344.0. hope this helps

Hello Mark, glad it works, that is currently the latest stable release, I’m not quite sure which you were using before I’ve pushed the newest internal release to you.

Let me know if the issue reoccurs.

Regards,

Hi Paul,
Just wanted to let you know the link you attached prompted a window to open and say that this version is older than the one I already have and that the installer will not be updating it.

Having same problem here, cant understand why this is coming up as the best email client, when this is quite a problem for people when it clearly isnt right?