eM Client has stoped sending mails

eM Client has stoped sending mails. No warnings. Am glad I have Thunderbird backup!

Hi John,

Which version of eM Client are you using?

Do you have multiple e-mail accounts? If yes, will none of these accounts send e-mails?

Do you see an error message when you click on the ‘i’ icon in the bottom left corner?

Version 6.0.20648.0.
Yesterday none of my two accounts would send.
Today everything is working ok, after the pc has had a nights rest.
No error message observed.
Lately eM Client crashes several times daily, When opened again it runs a selftest and is back on line.  The “send-problem” occured for the first time yesterday.

Hi John, if your client has a crash is a report window displayed, with an option to display the error that occurred?

If so, can you please click on the “Show error” button and copy the error from the report window and send it to me?

Thank you,
Paul.

Will do at next crash.

John

Another crash today. No reportwindow displayed, and no indication of the fault to be seen. Just the message “eM Client has stopped working.” The program is locked and I can not open any function.
 When the Client is clicked again it runs the selftest:" looking for corrupted database, etc", and  operates normaly after this. The “send-function” has worked ok today, except during the crash.

When the program crashes the following message (translated from Norwegian) is displayed:
EMC has seized functioning. A problem caused the program to stop functioning properly. The program will be closed, and you will be notified if a solution is available.

No further details, and I never recieve a solution to the problem!

John

Hi, can you please send me an email with a reference link to this forum topic to [email protected]

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi John,

Maybe you can update to a newer version of eM Client?

There have been a lot of releases since the version you have now.

http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20733/setup.msi

Thank you. Sent today.

John

I have updated as you suggest, thank you.
I have supposed that newer versions  automatically would be presented when eMC is active?

John

Hi John, when an update is released you should be notified that an available update can be downloaded, but this message only prompts you when you reopen the application.
However the update above is an internal release, so it may not be pushed to you automatically.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Thanks. Hopefully the update above will remedy the problems.

John

Hope so, if you come across any other issues or questions, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul.
A week today since I updated with  http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20733/setup.msi
4 crashes after update, which is an improvement compared to 2-3 dayly before.
No problem sending e-mails.

Regards
John

Hi again John, are you still seeing the “Application has stopped working” error displayed, or is an eM Client crash report window displayed?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi there. What shows is “Application has stopped working”. 
I have had days with no crashes, 2 of the 4 mentioned came within minutes.
The program runs definitely better after the update.

John

Hi John, can you please download this Tool : www.emclient.com/tools/procdump_unhandled.zip 
Unarchive the ZIP file and run the .bat file, use your client as standard and when the application crashes again there should be a dump file created in the extracted folder.

Please send me this file to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.
If by any chance the file is too large, use some common sharing service to share the file with us.

Thank you,
Paul.

Will do.

Thank you,
John