eM Client has removed 5000+ emails from my btinternet mail server. How do I restore a copy of my emails back onto my btinternet account?

eM Client has removed 5000+ emails from my btinternet mail server. This option was automatically ticked before I realised that this was happening. How do I restore a copy of my emails back onto my btinternet account?

Perhaps set it to sync with that account while turning off delete from server?

Thanks Michael. I have retrospectively changed the settings that allow eM Client to delete emails from your server after 7 days, however the problem still remains of how I get a copy of those 5000+ emails back onto my btinternet / yahoo account?

Hi Catrina,

Maybe to use IMAP instead of POP3?

But please make first a backup before you make this kind of change in your e-mail account settings.

Hi, are you using a POP account? Unfortunately while setting up a POP account, this is the default setting for POP servers, as default POP accounts usually have a limited amount of space for storing emails on the server.

If your mail service provider has IMAP enabled please setup your account as IMAP and move or copy the files back on the server, after disabling the POP3 setting option in Tools > Accounts > Your account > POP3

Hope this helps.

Paul