eM Client has big problems

I really do like eM Client, but… it has some major problems. I have it set to auto start with Windows - Windows 10 Pro. 32bit version 1909 - but sometimes after it starts it will just close/shutdown/quit with no warnings or error messages. Then on manually restarting it has to go through its database check. At other times, on windows start, eM Client will freeze up solid and not anything in it is clickable, not even the Close/Restore/Minimize buttons at top right. I have to use task manager to terminate it and then on manual restart it goes through its database checks.

Also, I mentioned this in another post that clicking on Empty Trash in the Trash folder does not clear items from the screen even though they are cleared. I have to click another folder then return to Trash before they are gone from the screen. I upgraded to version 8.0.2703 as suggested but that version would not even connect to my ISP’s mail server, so I had to uninstall it and go back to version 7.2.40748.0 which still doesn’t always clear the screen when I click Empty Trash.

Are there any log files/error reports/etc. that I could check/send you to see what the problems might be?
Thanks. I really would like to see these problems fixed because as I said, I really do like eM Client.

Menu > Operations might be what you are looking for

Thanks but nothing helpful there.

After re-reading your post I noticed this… if you are game to try again with v8 the current version is 8.0.2951.0

at this point I’m reluctant to try, based on all the other posts about ver. 8 crashes.

I really can’t blame you! I have not encountered any of the v8 problems posted and I was part of the Beta program. Some of the problems are bizarre…

If you are running the PRO version then opening a support ticket might be a better path

Good luck!