EM Client Freeze UP - Big Batch of emails created

When I send emails (small batch - less than 10) from my 3rd party application (Sage Pastel Partner) the emails are sent immediately.

But

When I send emails (Big batch - more than 10) from my 3rd party application (Sage Pastel Partner) the emails are created, in process of being sent, but don’t go out. (Also not saved in Drafts). I have to close Em Client via the taskbar. All the created emails are gone, not sent or in drafts.

Em Client 8.2.1659 (latest)

When I send emails (Big batch - more than 10) from my 3rd party application (Sage Pastel Partner) the emails are created, in process of being sent, but don’t go out.

When you say the emails are created, in process of being sent, where are you seeing that in eM Client ?

My Accounting system generates the PDF attachment email. It pops up within EM Client. If it is say 5 emails, it sends them after it is generated. If it’s like 30, EM Client creates the popup emails, but it doesn’t send. Sometimes it sends like 3 of the 30. Then just freeze. You have to close the application. The created popup emails are gone. Not it drafts.

That then sounds like your Sage Pastel Partner program is not fully or compatible in some way with eM Client and only sending outgoing emails to the mailers outbox sometimes randomly for whatever unknown reason.

This type of random sending mail to mail client issues is common in with many different email clients unless the various program are specially designed and tested to work with every version of the specific mail client.

Suggest to contact Sage Pastel program for advise as to if they can help you further.

Ps I’ve personally seen this type of thing happen over the years with many different offline and newer online accounting programs. Some accounting programs only send / link mail properly with Outlook and don’t ever test them with really any other newer mail clients.

The only thing I can suggest is to try the latest eM Client V9 release from the version history page. If you do upgrade to try it backup eM Client first via “Menu / Backup”.

Thanks, sad but it did not always do this.