em client free version 6.0.21372.0 stopped downloading email

I downloaded the free version of em client and I love it.  But yesterday it stopped downloading my email and I got a message saying I haven’t connected to the server for 2 weeks.  I’m not sure what this means as it didn’t have any other information.

I ran the diagnostic on my account and it showed everything was working, but still no emails.  The diagnostic did send an email that showed up in my Outlook program for the same email address, but not in emclient.

I am running the free version of em client 6.0.21372.0 .  I checked for an update and it said I didn’t need one.  I’ve been running it without problems since Nov 11, 2014 until yesterday.

I’d appreciate any help you can give me.  I don’t want to go back to outlook.

Hi Lorne, I’m not completely sure what you’re referring to, if the issue persists, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

From what you’ve reported I believe the issue might be connected to our licensing server, if eM Client prompts you about inability to connect to the licensing server, the application can not check your licensing details, and if it’s unable to connect for more than 14 days, the application will be disabled and you’ll only be able to use it in offline mode.

Regards,
Paul

That is what happened.  It stopped working after it popped up saying it couldn’t connect to the server for 2 weeks (I only saw the warning twice).  

I have an active connection to the server, so how do I reenable the license?

Hi Paul,
I have the same problem like Lorne, two days ago I got the similar message, just for 6 weeks. The message says it goes to the offline mode.

How can it happen? The cliet is downloading the emails every day.

Thanks

Lorne,
It helped me to deactivate the licence and then to enter activation code again.
But I am not sure how long it will work for…

Are you using any security software on your computer Lorne? If so, please try to temporarily disable these security elements on your computer, and check if the issue persists. Also please make sure your firewall/proxy or any other security software has a set exception for http://licensing.emclient.com/ or Port 80 to access our licensing server.

It started working again yesterday.  I didn’t do anything as I switched to outlook for a few days and then suddenly I started seeing email come in again on em client.  I let you know if it stops again.

Thanks for your replies.