eM Client fails to shutdown cleanly when closes to tray

I am having a very consistent problem of mailclient.exe no closing when exiting eM Client. About 80% of the time the program closes, but mailclient.exe is still open in Windows Task Manager. I am sending stack file to [email protected]

When and how can this problem be fixed??

Thanks!

This should be definitely fixed in the upcoming version 5.0.

When is version 5 expected to be released?

Sad to say beta 5.0 still has this problem. It’s almost a reason to give up on emclient for me. A fix was promised in 3.1, for goodness sake!

I think I am having the similar problem which just happened and I can’t even get into my eM Cleint email program now. IF this cant be fix what use is the program?

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: Some kind of disk I/O error occurred
disk I/O error (main/5)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

Hello,
do you use any backup program? It seems that the database is accessed by some other program.

Force close is necessary with this garbage software

Ummm… still not fixed

These guys should work for MS. Excuse after excuse after excuse, and nothing ever gets fixed.

I will bump this thread back up as I am having the ‘not closing’ thing in V6 beta.
This was reported in the Beta thread

please do not post same issue twice into different topics, also beta thread is this https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to… so all beta issues please put there, otherwise forum gets unclear.

Jan

Sure thing Jan
It would help if the Beta thread was more useable tho’, perhaps start a new one with the next Beta?

Unfortunately we cant make thread different than how they are now, but that one beta thread will be still same until release of full version.

Unfortunately I am having quite a lot work outside forum too so I was unable to attend it as it is needed, I hope that until end of this week I will response and report issues from beta forum to devs at all.

Jan

I forced close of eMail client and it is now refusing to launch, ven after DB check which it says has failed. Is there a fix other than uninstall and re-install?

Hi, when you try to run eM Client do you see any error message? Are you able to see mailclient.exe process in windows task manager?

Jan