eM Client Download: 2 Files were downloades but one is empty?

Hello,
I want to use eM Client. So I downloaded the test version for windows 10. There are 2 files, one file is the setup and another file is empty and it seems as it could be a temporary file ore something like that.

My question is what kind of empty file is that and why is it loading?

Did you access the eM Client website? https://www.emclient.com/

Did you click on the button named “Download for free” and then click on the downloaded file?

1 Like

Hello, thanks for answering. Yes, I put on the button but there are every time two files. I am using the Microsoft Edge Browser. the second file has 0 bytes, it is always empty. I can repeat it
quite a few times. Maybe its not important but it was a little bit strange.

There is only one file.

It will be called emclient-v9.0.1708.msi which is about 113MB

1 Like

Yes, that is the file that I get but I always get a second empty file, this file comes only when I download eM Client. I think i am going to ignore it.

Here is a sample of the two files that are always in my folder after downloading
Unbenannt

Sometimes Edge may have a paused download, or has downloaded something and is waiting for you to choose Keep or Discard. Then the file looks like that. In English it will be called Unconfirmedxxx.crdownload

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I think I can ignore it.

Edit: I tried the download via the old Internet Explorer, there is just the Setup file. So its an Edge problem.

I use Firefox and Chrome and do not get other than the ONE file as @Gary iterated.

sábado 25 junio 2022 :: 0800hrs (UTC +01:00)

I just downloaded emclient-v9.0.1708.msi using latest version of Edge
One file only, perhaps the issue is on your system.
Check Edge for updates.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

emc_forum@compucall.com

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.