eM Client database check error

When I started my eM Client program today, the database checker throws this error: 

System.ArgumentException: Invalid ConnectionString format for part “20”, no equal sign found   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.ParseConnectionString(String connectionString)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at DbRepair.DbTools.OpenConnection(String fileName)
   at DbRepair.Form1.CheckCorruption()
   at DbRepair.Form1.Check(Object state)

I have eM Client version 6.0.21372.0

I downloaded the latest update recently, and received this error. SoI uninstalled eM Client, and re-installed with this version, and still get this error. I’ve also copied my latest database back files back to my C: drive, and still get this error. 

Will you please help me? 

I’m guessing this was/is a corrupt database file: removed all of my .dat files, and restarted eM Client, and the problem was gone. However, is there a way I can get any of my old stored email message, back using the old .dat files?

Hello, unfortunately it is not possible to restore your data to a new eM client database unless you have an existing database backup created by the built-in backup feature in eM Client.

Sorry about the inconvenience, glad you were able to find a solution for the database issue.

Thank you for your response.

Dear Sir, I have found that if I copy back only the files with the .dat extension, and leave out the apparently temporary files with the extensions of .dat-shm, and .dat-wal, that eM Client was able to start without error as expected. I hope this may help someone else who also restores there files manually from a backup. I’ve also learned that I should only backup only the .dat file, and perhaps the settings.xml file as well from now on.

Hello again, glad you were able to restore your files, however please note this is not a supported option for backing up your data, restoring a database file that has been corrupted like this may result in database corruption.

My best suggestion would be creating a full backup of the application so you have an existing backup without any corrupt database files.