eM Client Crashed

Tries to open eM Client this morning and I got a message saying it had crashed. The only option I had was to restore from backup. When I did that it went back to September of 2021. Now I do not have any of my emails since then. What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Mark

Sounds like you have a eg: POP mail account as you only have old emails.

If you do have a POP mail account and the eM Client restore option didn’t bring back all your current emails via “Menu / File / Restore” then the only option would be to either “contact your mail server technical support” to see if they can possibly restore your mailbox at the server end or “restore a complete image backup” of your computer if you do those regularly which will then bring them back…

I would suggest in future to setup “periodic backups” in eM Client which then automatically backup each day without you having to worry about it. You do that via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup”. Or manually backup regularly via “Menu / Backup” and you can see then when the backup is completed via “Menu / Operations”.

The other thing i would suggest to do in future is to look at changing to a eg: IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account which then stores all the email on your mail server and all your email comes back automatically when you re-add your account in eM Client even if your computer crashes.