eM Client: completely dysfunctional, fatal bugs

Hi Gary, the support wanted to see an example as eml. i couldn’t deliver, so sorry i can not help.

It must be very hard just to show an example.

SHOW

I’ve already sent them an example; namely the eml file that is shown differently on emClient while with font-size change on Gmail.
Thanks for the help!

@Gary Stewart: If you’ve sent them something they can use to reproduce the problem, you’ll have done users with this problem a great service.

Do you have any feel yet for the point in the process at which the unwanted tagging is inserted? Meaning: composing, saving-and-continuing to compose, sending … when the recipient receives the mail — and so forth?

So far, my impression is that eM Client believes it is a problem being caused by Gmail, but I don’t think they’re right about that. If it were, then I would be seeing it only in mail sent to Gmail — but that isn’t the case. And I’d have seen it in mail sent to Gmail from other email clients (such as Eudora). And that isn’t the case either.

As of now they insinuate that the the latest build may have solve the problem. They didn’t say this explicitly though; i.e., they didn’t say they actually dealt with this bug and fix it in the latest build. They only replied to my bug example by saying it was created with previous version (which seems to insinuate they have made some fixes).

That sounds promising — please keep us posted. I haven’t upgraded recently. I have relatively few problems with eM Client, for some reason (I say this because I’m usually the one who has unique and baffling problems with software) and I’ve been downright paranoid about changing versions — if it’s working, don’t change anything, etc. But if it’s possible to get that problem dealt with I might get courageous and try an upgrade.

I have now used the latest build to recover the bug. The bug persists: font sizes are changing, but eMClient won’t show them change.
The new build though does have some improvements on this bug.

The ludicrous bug persists definitely. You send messages to your business partners, colleagues etc., and you look like a fool.

Dev team has now successfully recovered the bug. They may try to solve it. We have to wait. I’ll keep you guys posted.

– Gary

> Dev team has now successfully recovered the bug.

Now THAT is excellent news. Thanks for passing it along.

Whats the status?

Just applied the latest update and this appears to be partially fixed. Now I can ctrl shft V and it pastes to match the body text. It all looks the same in sent items. In my case Arial 11pt. If I copy paste the message into word it is all 11pt Arial.

At the other end, my personal Yahoo account. The sig comes through ok Arial 11 pt. The body has come through as segoe UI 10pt. But it displays correctly in sent items. If I forward the sent email again to my yahoo account the fonts display correctly.

FRUSTRATION!!!

OK more research. This problem only manifestes itself with Yahoo mail.

If I send the same meesage to Yahoo and myself then it renders properly in outlook, EM Client and Gmail. But not Yahoo mail. Suggest the issue is with Yahoo.

Has this problem of malformed e-mails been solved by now (2 December 2017)? I’m still using eM Client version 6 and would like to switch to version 7, but correctly formatted e-mails are important to me.

HI Hans.

I have done some testing with eM Client, and I do not see that there is really any problem with the HTML generated by the 7.1 versions. But also as has been mentioned, this “problem” exists with all mail clients. The same email will appear differently on Outlook and Thunderbird. And incoming email from Airmail and Mail from out Mac cousins, are notorious for bad HTML.

I liked your comment https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/how-to-insert-a-document-into-an-email about sending formatted items as PDF. That may be an almost reliable way to ensure it is received as you want it. Almost, because even different PDF viewers can cause differences.

Gary Stewart, I would like to see an example of this bug. If you could post an eml so we could see what it looks like along with a description of exactly which code is offending. Or send it to me [email protected] if you would prefer it is not public.

Also, I do not understand what you mean by you have successful recovered it. Do you mean reproduced it?

This bug has already been addresses, and partially fixed.
Unfortunately other crucial bugs prevent emclient from being a viable email client nowadays.

Still, it would be useful to see the example.

You should not assume that you can fall back. The database sometimes changes between versions. The last really useable version of emClient is 7.0.28822.0. After that, the calendar and contacts syncing is broken with active sync.